Sunday, May 2, 2010

Santander and more

So the day I got home from Youth Conference I went to the saturday morning session of general conference in Burgos at 6 p.m. (kind of weird). Well there I got to say goodbye to Elder Esteves-Garcia who was leaving in the next couple of weeks to go to the other side of the mission.





The next day I missed the saturday afternoon session because I was on my way to Bilbao! I met Noemi and Zuri at the bus station and from there we went straight to the church. We watched the young women session and then we had some free time. We went on a walk around a park and then it was time for sunday morning session. Since the Las Arenas branch comes to Bilbao to watch general conference, there were a lot of english speakers (all missionaries of course)! So I finally got to watch a session in English and it was SO much easier to pay attention and stay focused! Plus, since I was in a room with just missionaries, the mission president, and his wife, I couldn't really get distracted and I had to keep very good notes. Well when the session ended I got to see Rami and Natanael again and I got to see Rami's new haircut (above)! Hahaha I felt so bad for him! But his hair grows faster than mine! It will all be back in no time!


So from the church we went straight to Santander. We got there, ate some dinner (yummy french tortilla), and went to bed. The next morning we went on a walk around Santander and we met up with some German (at least we think they were german) boys. Me and Noemi decided to sit on a bench right behind them while Noemi's parents went to check out times for a ferry. The boys kept looking back at us and when we left to leave, they whistled at us! Noemi told me not to look back, but after a few seconds I did and they all waved goodbye. Noemi waved back and I took off running. Haha, typical me.





Well that week I had a very relaxing time just hanging out with Noemi. We went shopping, we went to the beach (several times), and we ate a ton of ice cream! Santander is beautiful and I wish I could go back!!!


Every time I'm with Noemi and her family I have a blast! So I was really glad when they invited me to go to Santander with them for a whole week! I didn't study at all and I just enjoyed every minute! It was one of the last times I will be able to hang out with Noemi, so we definitely enjoyed it! And I will always think of her whenever I watch a telenovela in the future! So thank you Noemi for inviting me!!! Hopefully we can spend a few more days together before I go home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment