Monday, May 3, 2010

Globales and the SAT

So now that I've caught you guys up on all my trips I went on, I can finally write about what's been happening around Burgos the past couple of weeks.
So the week I got back from school I had three partial tests, and one of the tests was on the first day back. So that week wasn't very fun.
The next week I had a partial history test on monday and then I started my globales on wednesday. We had to study two chapters for the history test on monday and then two different ones for the history global on wednesday morning. Although it was a ton of studying, I thought I did really well in both tests. Then wednesday afternoon I had technology and I totally messed one of the questions up. Oh well. Then economy and english was on thursday. I thought I did terrible in Economy and really well in English. Haha! The only hard thing about taking that test is the fact that everyone wants to cheat off my test and so I have to take it really fast and get out of there as soon as possible.
Well friday was the castilla y leon (the area of spain that I live in) holiday, so we had some more time to study. Then saturday when I started to study, this old man started to sing across the street in a park into a microphone. He was absolutely terrible!!! I got the biggest headache from just his normal talking voice, and I couldn't study. But Sunday I didn't study at all because monday I only had math.
The math global went really well, minus one problem that I worked on for 45 mins. Then tuesday I had Lengua and Science. Lengua was terrible (like it always is), and I think I'm going to fail just because I'm the only one that doesn't copy/cheat in my class and there's no way I can remember the titles of a hundred+ works! So that irritated me. But, the science test had a lot of "state your opinion" questions so I thought I did alright.
Then wednesday morning we had to take our philosophy test at 8 instead of the usual 9 because the director wanted us to get in another hour of class. Well that test was terrible because our teacher put some ridiculous questions that weren't even from the chapters we were supposed to have studied. So I think I did terrible!
Well after all the globales, I didn't have time to relax. Thursday I took a full SAT practice test (4.5 hours) and I actually did really well. My writing section was at ivy league level, and my math was basically there as well. I just need to improve my reading and I'm there! I got a 700 in writing, 670 in math and 620 in reading. I hope I did that well on the actual thing!
Well test day arrived and I had to get up at 3 in the morning in order to get to Madrid on time. We got a little lost, but luckily we had some extra time. When we were waiting to get into the american school, I noticed the kids that were surrounding me. What a group! There was this one boy with a leather backpack that came out of his mercedes convertible and he had blonde hair that was parted on the side. Then there was this other boy that was wearing a headband across his forhead in a way that made his hair in the back stand up. He had huge sixties glasses and he was wearing shorts with long socks. Oh and then there was this girl that looked like she could have been this boys twin, except she had long blonde hair. The point I'm trying to get across is, there were people from both extremes, just no one in the middle like me. So I ended up not talking to anyone.
When we finally got inside (we had to go through security) I got to see the teachers that were going to be in charge. Man! One man was wearing european jeans, with cowboy boots, and a t-shirt and he had the weirdest voice. When he first started giving directions, I thought he was acting! There's no way someone could have a voice like his! But, after 6 hours of the same voice, I figure it was real.
So that was the SAT. I drove home that same day and I thought I did ok, not good, not bad.
Now today I found out almost all my scores from the globales:
History partial- 9.5 History global- 9.25
Technology- 7.85
Economy- 9
English- 9.8
Math- 10!!!!
Lengua- 4.75
Science- 8.9 (one of the highest in the class!!!)
Philosophy- unknown
So it's been a good day! I might actually pass lengua for the first time which will be a first!!! We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that just like philosophy, giving you a grade "unknown."

    What's a lengua?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's just like my teacher to wait until the last minute to correct our tests because she's too busy trying to get through as many chapters as possible!
    Oh and a lengua is a tongue, but I meant lengua class which is spanish language. As you can see, I'm not the best in naming all the prepositions in a sentence, or memorizing a billion titles of spanish writers. The worst part is that my teacher thinks all of these writers are the best in the world at what they do. Have you ever heard of Lope de Vega? Because apparently he's the most famous writer to write theater. Oh and apparently the most profound, and hard to understand. The funny thing is, I understand him better than shakespeare and his are in spanish!

    ReplyDelete